The Wombats - I Only Wear Black
Brief Plan
A brief description of the narrative and ideas we have for our music video:
The film will follow the struggles that our main character faces in their day to day life. Our protagonist is a monster that is constantly unhappy and gloomy, we took inspiration from the lyrics in 'I only wear black' which is a very pessimistic song with lines line "sometimes you win but generally, you lose" and "sometimes you laugh but usually, you cry." The monster always has a black cloud over his head and so every daily activity seems like a chore, he doesn't look after himself or have many friends, this will be shown through a montage of his day. e.g. eating breakfast, having a shower, getting dressed, watching tv, going to work - all done very slowly and drearily, as if breathing is tedious. Although the lyrics in the song do not lighted up, we want our narrative to. The monster will see other people enjoying life and decide that he wants to join in and so the build up to the end of the song will be filled with a montage of the monster working to improve himself; exercising, eating healthy, mingling, etc. As the song ends the monster will shave off all of his fur and reveal a normal human underneath. This is the signify how feeling tiresome and gloomy on the inside can reflect on the outside and you have to work from within to make your exterior shine.
Lyrics:
Black, I only wear black
Spring in my step, knife in my back
It's just what I'm like, I keep it inside
Pills in my pocket, head in the sky
I only wear black
I moved to LA and it rained every single day
But I don't really care whether its grey skies or blue
We camped at the beach, learned to surf and broke my knees
But I don't really care, they couldn't walk me back to you
Sometimes you win but generally, you lose
Black, I only wear black
Spring in my step, knife in my back
It's just what I'm like I keep it inside
Pills in my pocket, head in the sky
I only wear black
Bought a brand new car and flattened a deer by Richmond Park
Suppose I'm not the only one who fails to see the light

No comments:
Post a Comment