Tuesday, 13 March 2018

Editing - Promo Vid

Editing


After collecting over 300 clips between us, we sat down and watched all the footage and separated the good from the bad. After deleting a lot and narrowing it down to what we deemed the best, we had about 100 clips to work with and 4 voice recordings that we plan to put over the footage, acting as a narrative. We also decided to edit our own versions of the promotional videos so that Amanda (our client) has options and we both get the chance to put our editing skills into practice. 

Before I started to edit I got in contact with Amanda to get a few questions I had answered and to ask her to send me the file with the Bliss Studio logo on so that when we use it in the promotional video, it is clear and not pixelated. 

While editing I decided to label all of the clips we collected to make it easier for me to edit and know what footage I was using without having to watch all of them. This would also make editing a lot easier for anyone who is not familiar with the filming and project that we have created. Labelling my bins also benefitted me in understanding the footage and feeling more comfortable with what I have to edit with. 

Music

Another key part of the editing process is finding the right music that fits the theme of the video and is also royalty free. This means that we do not have to get permission or pay for its use. I did quite a lot of searching online to find the right style of music but most of the websites I tried had subscription fees or  only allowed you to use individual songs if you credited them in your video; we were not willing to do this. I then found a youtube channel called 'Audio Library' which has hundreds of copyright free music that is available to download without any cost. And so I began to scroll through track after track listening to the first 10 seconds of each song to see if it had the right vibe for our video. I wanted something that was positive, a little bit techno and had a beat I could edit to. I finally found a track called Roots - Tobu which fit the job description perfectly; it was just the right length, very upbeat and I could imagine what the film would look like once I heard it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment